Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A day in the country

Hey internet……it’s Tuesday morning and quite cool outside and I’m loving it!  I thought I would post some images I made last week during an impromptu drive in the country.  Who could ever forget the weather we’ve had?!?  I decided that instead of editing in my office during another dreary day, I needed a break.  So off I went. 

    This is Pepe.  I wondered if he would ever be still long enough for a good shot.  He is only about 6 inches tall and a live wire, but he has definitely stole my heart! IMG_5325

Pepe belongs to Mr. Thomas (whom I would be glad to call my grandpa…sweetest man alive!).  This is actually how he was standing while we were talking…I couldn’t resist.

IMG_5340Ya know…only in the south are we so smart that we can find multiple uses for almost anything!  Check out the “wood pile holder”. Genius, don’t ya think?IMG_5364   IMG_5345Flynt has worked with the power company for 29 years….thought of him when I saw this. IMG_5347I was intrigued when I saw this…maybe I’m a little strange!  (I know most people would agree)IMG_5349Just take a look at the sky.  Solid cloud cover…….ugh. IMG_5352   IMG_5361 BW 

love this set…

IMG_5381  IMG_5369 IMG_5373 You can see the first signs of fall in the trees.  Beautiful, even on this cloudy day.

IMG_5366

Made some new friends along the way….IMG_5385  I think he felt the need to protect his ladies…..IMG_5387  I know he was glad I stayed on my side of the fence……or maybe it was the other way around.  We will never know.IMG_5391  On the way home, which just happens to be on the other side of town, in the country, I spotted something I had not seen in a long time…….can you see it?

Yes it’s true, it’s really true!  Sunshine!!!  On this cloudy, rainy, dreary day, God picked up my spirits with this glimmer of sunshine.  In the words of John Denver:  “Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy”IMG_5396

IMG_5394

0 comments: